Join us for the Smart Places Panel discussion: a live online discussion and public Q&A with the 7 Smart Places blog authors, Friday 26 June.
The Edinburgh Living Lab, Edinburgh Futures Institute and Data-Driven Innovation programme invite you to join us for the Smart Places panel discussion from 3-4pm on Friday 26 June. The panel discussion will conclude the Smart Places series, bringing together the seven authors and following up the four live Twitter conversations that took place over the last month.
Launched in May, the Smart Places series published thought pieces from a diverse line of thinkers, practitioners, experts and leaders in this field. The seven contributors are:
- Euan Mills – Co-founder of the Digital Planning Directorate at Connected Places Catapult
- Daisy Narayanan – Director of Urbanism, Sustrans
- Sarah Frood – One of the founding directors of Icecream Architecture
- Dr Jo Morrison – Director of Digital and Innovation at Calvium
- Sally Kerr – Independent consultant with expertise in digital and data innovation
- Niamh Webster – Digital Engagement Manager at the Scottish Government
- Dr Kate Carter – Senior Lecturer Architecture Technology and Environment at ESALA, University of Edinburgh
Every week from the end of May and throughout June, we have published one or more articles via Medium, each featuring a bespoke illustration by a different illustrator to communicate the future vision the author sets out. 5 of these articles were accompanied by a live Tweet Up event – an hour’s discussion on Twitter hosted by that article’s author, who set 6 questions for discussion throughout the hour. You can find a summary article of the themes, discussions, and questions raised by the Smart Places series here.
Now, the series is culminating in a one hour online panel discussion and public Q&A from 3-4 pm on Friday 26 June. All of the authors will be present, and the discussion will be centred around the Smart Places themes and issues which have been raised and discussed over the last weeks. You can submit your questions ahead of time when registering for the event.https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/smart-places-panel-discussion-tickets-107802472096